Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last minute packing.

It seems as if the items in my suitcase have multiplied overnight. At first, it was just a few dresses, some tops, and a random array of flats. But one by one, I've accumulated a mountain of things that seem, well practical for my upcoming move. Here's a few things that I've found might be useful to bring:

  • Snacks: I'm packing some Nature Valley granola bars, and a whole slew of fruit leather. It'll be a good breakfast food for the first few weeks when I'm rushing out the door, or when I just don't have time to figure out what to make/eat. I'm so, so excited to try all the different fruit juices in Rio-- they'll be a tasty addition to a protein packed bar.
  • Flashlight: I bought a fantastic one when I went to college, and ironically, never used it once. Maybe it'll come in handy during a power outage in the city.
  • Tea bags: I've heard from a few friends that teas are difficult to find, so I'm packing my favorites: some green tea from Tazo, and Yogi Ginger tea.
  • Shampoo/Conditioner: I just went to the store today, and bought this. I got the professional sized version, thanks to a lovely friend of my mom's, and I'm also hauling this conditioner. Together, these should last me a few months, until I have a friend or two come visit and bring more along. I'm picky about my beauty products, and hair care is no exception. Plus, cost for quality, it's bound to be cheaper here than in Rio.
  • Beauty Products/Skin care: On that same note, I've gotten a stash of all my favorite skin care products. While I'm open to trying new things in Rio, I'm better safe than sorry with the stuff from here.
  • Running Shoes/Jump rope/Yoga mat: These are my exercise essentials. Along with an iPod and some sports attire, I've got enough stuff to keep me calm and fit away from home.
  • DVD-R's, CD-R's, Junk drives
  • Folders, Composition Notebooks, Manila Envelopes
I'll add more if I think of anything useful.

No comments: